السبت، 12 فبراير 2011

Medical Student Syndrome






During our medical education, we learn lists of symptoms of various rare diseases. As we read more about these diseases we start to associate each simple sign or symptom we express with these RARE, DANGEROUS diseases.It's like a tax for being medical student :P
For example, my dad has diabetes. He once injured his big toe. His toenail and the surrounding skin has turned black."OMG daddy, it could be gangrene, you must see a doctor before it spreads all over your leg" XD
  
What?? Don't look at me like that!!  Seriously, diabetic patients are more susceptible to gangrene, I'm just expressing my worries.It's not like I have this case or something!! Ok, ok I have to admit, yes I have a BAAAAAD case of medical student syndrome.

I dignosed myself with diabetes, my best friend with myocardial infraction, and my lil brother with kidney cancer because i saw blood in his urine which isn't blood, it was a red color because of the excessive intake of juice that contained a high precentage of food colouring!! You can imagine the drama I caused in our house lol!! And thank Allah I am not the only one who is suffering, even my friends are too!!

I always experience breast tenderness a week before my period but one time I had severe pain 2 weeks before my period, my friends diagnosed me with breast cancer and they kept asking and pressuring me to see a doctor because if I didn't, I would die!!
  -_-" "Just calm down girls, I always have this tenderness a week before my period "-
"Come on Neen it's been 2 weeks now and it's not your period time!!"-

Razan: "Recently I thought I had CSF leaking from my nose because of a 'brain tumour'. But it was a common cold!"


دارين:"لما اخدنا كيف نقيس حجم الكبد في سنة ثانية, روحت لبابا وطخ طخ في بطنو طلع 14 و الطبيعي 10 قلت لبابا شكلو عندك هيباتيتس او ليفر سروزز روح المستشفى يا بابا وفيلم هندي! قاللي يابنتي انا كان عندي الكبد الوبائي يعني تضخم قديم !! "

نجلاء: "مره كان عندي زي المنطقة محمرة و منفوخه جنب الكلافيكل (عظمة الترقوة) البنات شخصوها على انها انلارجمينت للسيرفايكل لميف نود بس هي كانت مجرد قرصة ناموسه !! " 
  
If you have a family member studying medicine suffering from this case, pray that you don't go crazy and end up in a mental institution! :P

1 التعليقات:

Roqa يقول...

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
loooool
neen me too i have this syndrome but mine called ( lab medicine syndrome)
every bacteria or any kind of microbe we have study i thought that i have it's diseases
and my family suffer with me every thing they do is wrong
don't eat this don't drink that

Ooooh poor medical student,God plzZ help us

إرسال تعليق